TAHAL has over the years assisted its clients in developing solutions to solid waste problems in order to protect the environment and maintain quality of life.
A special unit within TAHAL's Environmental Engineering Department keeps abreast of the state of the art in this field and undertakes planning, construction, operation and closure of sanitary landfill sites for municipalities, rural and regional authorities, and industrial parks. Issues such as environmental health, and water, air, noise and odour pollution are given due consideration by the Group's environmental engineers, who constitute key members in the design, construction and operation teams. With additional specialists in geology, hydrology and hydrogeology, TAHAL is able to provide a complete range of services, in the framework of both conventional design/construction assignments and long-term BOT projects.
TAHAL's vast experience in the field of solid waste management is manifested in dozens of projects in the Middle East (Israel), Africa and Europe, undertaken principally through its subsidiaries SITAHAL-HAGAL (TALIA) and
• Preparation of solid waste forecasts.
• Hydrogeological surveys to locate suitable sites for sanitary landfills.
• Design, construction and operation of sanitary landfill sites.
• Planning and design of waste transportation systems.
• Preparation of environmental impact assessments.
• Performance of environmental risk assessments.
• Planning and implementation of landfill site restoration.