Tahal is active in environmental projects such as waste management, sustainable water develpoment, rehabilitation of aquifers, monitoring aquifer pollution, artificial water recharge and wastewater treatment.
Wastewater treatment facilities planned by Tahal assist in preventing dumping of raw sewage into clean streams and provide recycled water suitable for irrigation.
Tahal maintains the following principles in its activities for creating sustainable water development:
- viewing possibilities of water management beyond the obvious gap between supply and demand;
- assessing environmental impacts of the project;
- analyzing the possibilities in relation to water supply sources (natural sources and produced water such as sea-water desalinated water as well as recycling of waste water);
- approaching water management in its regional/geographical context
- taking into account the interactions between hydrology, geology, biology, population, etc;
- recognizing the link between quality and quantity; and
- promoting the use of the most suitable technology available
Waste Water Treatment view>>
Artificial Recharge view>>
Monitoring Groundwater Pollution- view>>
Water Efficiency view>>
Sustainable Planning- view>>